- If possible, have your package delivered to a location where it can be received and signed for by a trusted person.
- Ask neighbors who are home during the day to watch for deliveries and hold your packages until you arrive home.
- Request that the shipper holds the package at their facility for pickup.
- Track deliveries online and confirm delivery has occurred.
- Provide delivery instructions so packages are left out of sight from the street.
- Show off your home security system; make sure you have a sign in the front yard. - - If you have security cameras, make sure potential thieves know they’re there, and if you have a doorbell camera, use it.
- Sign up for email notifications from FedEx, UPS and businesses like Amazon to track your package from initial shipment to its arrival at your home or the recipient’s address if you have the gift delivered directly.
- If you are a victim of crime or have witnessed a crime, please contact the police by dialing 911